- use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site, or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site or the computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- utilize any data provided on the Site (including third-party provided data) for purposes other than evaluating BlackSand; transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature; defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; email or transmit any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful content;
- run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Site;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site, including to engage in the practices of “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” retrieving or indexing any portion of the Site, collecting information about its users for any unauthorized purpose or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining content or other information;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site;
- download any file posted that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- impersonate another person or entity;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site;
- use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose (including, without limitation, in violation of any United States federal or state securities or blue sky laws or regulations, securities exchange or self-regulatory organization’s rules or regulations, or equivalent laws or regulations in foreign jurisdictions);
- use the Site for any commercial purpose whatsoever other than for your own personal use.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://blacksandcapital.com/.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.